Terms & Conditions
Harry And Boo’s online shop can be accessed at www.harryandboo.co.za, related mobile sites and applications (“the site”). The site enables buyers to shop for items including clothes, shoes and accessories by selected local and international brands ("the products”) online and have them delivered door-to-door within South Africa. Buyers can also have products delivered to them outside South Africa. All visitors to the site ("account users" or "guest users") will be able to see and buy the products on offer, but only those who have registered for a user account on Harry And Boo ("account holders” or “user”) are able to view and monitor the order history.
Legally binding contract
All users and account holders, including those that buy from the site ("buyers") are bound by these terms and conditions ("T&Cs"). By registering, or using the site at all, you recognise that you've read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs. Should there be any clause in these T&Cs that you do not understand, the onus is on you to ask Harry And Boo to please explain the relevant clause to you before you accept the T&Cs by using or buying from the site.
With whom are you entering into a contract?
The site is owned and run by Harry And Boo. More information about Harry And Boo is available at the end of these terms and conditions.
Products and availability
Please note that the stock of all items on offer is limited. Harry And Boo will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that special offers are brought to an end when stock runs out. If it happens that Harry And Boo is unable to fulfil any order at the advertised price because stock is sold out or for any other reason, Harry And Boo will inform you via email and you'll be entitled to an account credit or reimbursement for the rand value you have paid for such product. The actual size and colour of advertised products might vary slightly. Our Standard packaging method is incorporated with an imported fragrance enhancer. Please note, the Harry And Boo Delivery and Returns policy is incorporated by reference and therefore forms part of these Terms And Conditions
2. Buying products
1. The site allows you, the user, to place electronic orders ("order") for one or more products on offer as long as such products are available and not sold out.
2. A purchasing contract ("sale") between you and Harry And Boo only comes into effect once you have fully completed AND submitted the online order form for one or more products in your shopping cart (“cart") AND your payment has been authorised by Harry And Boo (or has been received into Harry And Boo’s bank account).
3. The above is dependent on the product being available.
4. Products on Harry And Boo cannot be reserved to be bought at a later stage, and placing an item in your cart without completing the order does not amount to a “sale”.
5. This means that Harry And Boo may remove any product(s) from your cart before the sale actually takes place, in the event of the product going out of stock.
6. Harry And Boo cannot be held responsible if the product(s) you added to your cart have become unavailable when you try to complete the sale.
7. A tax invoice will be emailed to the email address on your Harry And Boo profile.
8. Harry and Boo requests all buyers and users of this website, to check the size chart for all moccassins, sandals and other shoes to ensure correct shoe sizes are ordered.
3. Cancelling and ending orders
1. Harry And Boo reserves the right to refuse processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely, with notice given to you.
2. Harry And Boo will be liable for reimbursing you the rand value paid only if you have already paid for the cancelled order. You have the right to return defective products purchased , refer to clause 8: Defective items, returns and reimbursement
4. Product Pricing
The price of each product is given on the product information page (“the product page”) on the site.
The Regular Retail Price
1. The Regular Retail Price (“RRP”) is the standard price that Harry And Boo charges for the product. The RRP is determined by considering the suppliers’ price and market conditions and Harry And Boo reserves the right to change prices without notification
2. When a product is not on sale, on special, or included in a discount promotion, the RRP is the price you will pay when you purchase the product (“purchase price”).
3. Please note that RRPs can change over the course of several seasons over which the product may be sold. The RRPs applicable at the time the product is introduced may differ from the RRP at the time of your purchase.
The Discount Price
1. When Harry And Boo is having a sale, or is running a discount or promotion on specific products on the site – the discount price is shown on the product’s product page, as well as the Regular Retail Price (“RRP”).
2. When a discount price is shown on the product page, the discount price is the price you will pay when you add the product to your cart at the discounted price, and conclude the sale at the discounted price i.e. the purchase price.
1. Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that the RRP and, if applicable, the Discount Price of all products on Harry And Boo are correct at the time of your purchase. If, however, the product is offered at an erroneous price, Harry And Boo will not be obliged to supply the said product at the incorrect price.
2. Harry And Boo will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct price.
5. Delivery fees
1. For orders of R450 or more, Harry And Boo delivers door-to-door free of charge within South Africa
2. For orders under R450, Harry And Boo charges a non-refundable R60 fee to deliver door-to-door for the Johannesburg area and a non-refundable R100 nationwide door-to-door.
3.You will receive an email from Harry And Boo with the tracking number required in order to track your parcel.
3. Every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the delivery costs displayed on the site are correct at the time of your purchase. However, if a delivery fee is incorrectly displayed, Harry And Boo will not be obliged to deliver products at an incorrect delivery fee. Harry And Boo will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct delivery fee.
6. Making a payment
You can pay on Harry And Boo using your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card, via Electronic Funds `transfer (EFT).
Paying by credit card
1. Harry And Boo accepts payments made by Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards as well as chipped debit cards that have been activated for online purchases.
2. When you place an order, the transaction details are presented to the bank for authorisation of the payment amount.
3. If authorisation is not obtained, the order is cancelled. If authorisation is obtained, payment is usually immediate. You guarantee that you are fully authorised to use the credit card for payment of your order and that there are sufficient funds in this credit card account to cover the costs of any transactions you complete on Harry And Boo.
Paying by EFT:
For EFT Payments please note:
1. Please note, when selecting to pay by EFT, you have 24 hours post placing your order to make the payment.
2. When making your payment, please be sure to use your order number as your reference. This will ensure that Harry And Boo can process your order as quickly as possible.
3. Harry And Boo will start processing your order as soon as your bank forwards the payment to Harry And Boo. Depending on the bank, it can take up to 3 days from the time you make the payment to when it appears in our bank account.
4. Harry And Boo will start processing the order once your bank forwards your payment to us, but depending on the bank it can take up to 3 days.
5. The delivery lead time as specified on the site only starts once Harry And Boo has received the payment from your bank.
Place of delivery
1. As buyer, you indicate where in South Africa you require delivery, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
2. In the case of door-to-door delivery, your parcel will be delivered to the address you specified in the checkout process.
3. In the case of door-to-door delivery, if nobody is present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will attempt to deliver for the second time, if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse. If the account holder still wants delivery of same goods, the account holder will be liable for the delivery / courier charges. The account holder or user will be liable for the handling fees and or courier fees at the discretion of Harry And Boo if the goods are no longer wanted.
4. Should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed, given that the courier has attempted delivery on numerous occasions.
Delivery time and delays
1. Unless we inform you otherwise, before you place your order and before the final confirmation, the estimated maximum delivery time for an order in South Africa door-to-door is 2 - 3 working days (no more than 5 working days). Confirmation of delivery times for all orders outside of SouthAfrica will be communicated case by case.
2. All Harry And Boo deliveries take place during business hours i.e. there are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
3. The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECT Act) Entitles you to cancel your purchase within 7 days’ notice if the products you have purchased are not delivered within the agreed delivery period as specified above.
1. A delivery is considered complete as soon as the parcel is accepted by an individual on your behalf at your specified delivery address, or the parcel is successfully delivered by courier and the risk shall pass to the account holder / user when the parcel leaves Harry And Boo’s premises or on delivery to the customer whichever is sooner.
2. This also applies when the package has been handed over by the courier, as indicated in the courier's tracking system.
3. It is your responsibility, as buyer, to ensure that you or the intended receiver of the gift (when applicable) inspect(s) the parcel on arrival and make(s) known any justifiable complaints. The receiver has the right to refuse the parcel if it appears to have been opened or if it has clearly been damaged.
4. Such complaints and claims must be brought to the attention of Harry And Boo by email to email@example.com
5. Harry And Boo cannot be held liable and assumes no liability for orders shipped to incomplete or incorrect shipping addresses supplied by the account holder or for any delays caused by the courier
1. If neither the depot nor the tracking system provides any indication where the parcel is, you need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If the parcel is found, it will be sent to the specified delivery address by the usual procedure, as set out in the delivery clause.
3. If the parcel is declared lost, Harry And Boo will notify you and reimburse you for the lost parcel (to the amount of the product purchase price and any relevant delivery fee).
4. Harry And Boo cannot be held liable for missing, lost or damaged parcels in transit.
8. Defective items, returns and reimbursement
1. Harry and Boo requests you the account holder or user to inform / notify us immediately or on receipt of any discontent.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, due to a defect, incorrect product choice or other reason, you may return it to Harry And Boo within 30 days of delivery, by the same shipping method which the parcel was received, in their original state, including all labels and packaging. You can either receive a Harry And Boo account credit or a refund, or have the product replaced.
2. In the case of a damaged or incorrect item having been delivered, Harry And Boo will evaluate each case and issue a refund upon proof of the damaged/incorrect item and the return thereof to us.
3. Refunds should be processed within 10 business days of the returned items having been cleared by our quality checking team.
4. If you are returning a sale item, you will be refunded the reduced price. If you are returning an item for which you paid the full amount but which is now on sale, you will be refunded the actual rand value paid
Handling charges and courier charges for goods returned, replacements and other
may be charged at the discretion of
Harry And Boo
6. Harry And Boo request the user or account holder to notify immediately or on receipt of the goods of any defects
1. Anyone downloading or trying to download malware or damaging coding on this site, or who tries to gain unauthorised access to any page on this site, will be prosecuted.
2. Harry And Boo will claim civil damages from such person if Harry And Boo suffers any damage or loss.
3. You agree and guarantee that the username and password you use to log in is for your personal use only, and will not be passed on to any third party.
4. You allow Harry And Boo to take all steps reasonably possible to ensure the integrity and security of the site and in the administrative office.
5. All credit card transactions on the site are protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and reinforced by various encryption processes with the aim of offering the most effective possible protection of any sensitive information. Harry And Boo has no access to any confidential information regarding your payment method.
6. Only Harry And Boo's banking partner will access confidential information (Such as your credit card number, expiry date, CVV etc.) from time to time.
Harry And Boo is responsible for adhering to the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 ("CPA") with the sale of any products from the site. Similarly, Harry And Boo is responsible for adhering to articles 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communication and Transactions Act in terms of payment systems and security.
However, neither Harry And Boo nor any of its representatives will be held responsible for any loss or accountability of any kind that arises from the use of (or inability to use) this site, its services or content.
Furthermore, Harry And Boo provides no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that the content or technology attached to this website is free of errors or omissions. Nor is there any guarantee whatsoever that service will be 100% uninterrupted or faultless. We encourage you to report any possible malfunctions and errors by emailing email@example.com.
Although the products on the site may be under guarantee, the site itself is offered on an "as is" basis and is not set up or delivered according to your individual specifications.
It is your responsibility, before accepting these T&Cs, to determine whether the service available through this website satisfies your individual needs and is compatible with your hardware or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this website should not be regarded as professional advice or as Harry And Boo’s official stance.
We encourage you to obtain professional advice before taking any action on the strength of information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
11. Applicable Laws
1. This site is offered, controlled and run from the Republic of South Africa. As Such it is governed by South African legislation, and subject to the disputes clause in these T&Cs.
2. You and Harry And Boo are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts. Each and every section of these terms and conditions must be read as individual and separable from the rest of the terms and conditions.
3. Should any court or qualified authority find that any of the terms are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the terms and conditions will remain standing, despite invalidity or unenforceability of an individual term.
12. Changes to Terms and Conditions
Harry And Boo may, at its own discretion, change these terms and conditions or any part thereof. As indicated in the T&Cs, it is the responsibility of the registered account holder or user to familiarise yourself with the T&Cs before using the site. By registering, or using the site at all, you recognise that you've read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs.
Barring urgent or interim legal help that may be granted by a court of law: In the event of any disputes of any kind between you and Harry And Boo, arising out of any situation catered for in these terms or conditions (or that arises out of these terms and conditions) and that cannot be resolved by the senior representatives, the dispute may be presented for confidential arbitration.
Such arbitration will be handled according to the rules stipulated by the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa.
Legal notice address
Harry And Boo elects as address for all purposes regarding these terms and conditions, whether for legal notices or serving of other communication documents of any kind, the following address:
Linbro Business Park
Tel.011 457 7709
An electronic copy is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Such copy must be delivered in conjunction with physical copy for serving to be effected.)
14. Terms and Discontinuation
These terms and conditions take effect on the date of first publication of the website and continue indeterminately. They may be revised by Harry And Boo from time to time (as described above), for as long as the website continues to exist and be operated. Harry And Boo is entitled to terminate these terms and conditions or close down the website at any time, subject to processing any pending purchases.
If you don't meet your obligations regarding these terms and conditions, including any incidents about payment and price or an order, and you neglect to rectify Such non-adherence within 5 working days after Harry And Boo has instructed you to do so, your access to the service will be blocked.
We have the right to close your account and deny you access to the site, depending on the severity of your actions. Such action on the part of Harry And Boo will not have any negative effect on any damages Harry And Boo may claim.
15. Copyright and other intellectual property
Any and all copyright relating to the website, including these terms and conditions, is held by Harry And Boo. All rights not expressly given are reserved. You may download, view and print content from this site only for private and non-commercial ends. To obtain permission for commercial use of any content from this site, please send an email email@example.com
Harry And Boo is unable to edit or screen all content on the site, and will not be held accountable for illegal, defamatory or obscene content. We advise you to inform Harry And Boo of any offensive or illegal material.
All content, trademarks and data on this website, including but not limited to software, databases, text, graphics, icons, links, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or under licence of Harry And Boo. As such they are protected by local and international legislation and agreements.
16. Electronic communication
When you sign up for our newsletter, register an account, conclude a purchase, visit the site or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you agree to get electronic communication from Harry And Boo.
17. Harry And Boo information
The Electronic Communication and Transactions Act determines that when goods or services are provided via certain electronic transactions, the seller must make certain information public on the site where the goods or services are offered.
Harry and Boo’s information is as follows:
Legal notice address:
Official email address: email@example.com